Cart

Your cart is empty.

Favorite Gospel Song

Home Forums Everything Else Favorite Gospel Song

This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Bing Cullen 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Suzanne Lawson

Do you have a favorite gospel song you would like Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver to record?

#5420 Reply

Codie Sloan

I would like to see DLQ record a bluegrass/gospel song entitled “Jesus Hold My Hand”. It’s a rather upbeat song that I think they would do very good on!

#5434 Reply

Doyle Lawson

“Jesus Hold My Hand” is an old Albert Brumley song and a good one. I’ll keep it in mind.

#5466 Reply

greg long

I would like to hear them do hallelujah square and I see jesus

#5498 Reply

Doyle Lawson

I remember both of the songs. My Dad used to sing ‘I See Jesus’ when he sang in a local quartet.

#5761 Reply

Codie Sloan

Hi Doyle, I have attached a link to a video taken in June of last year. It’s of my grandfather and I playing for a local church to start their Revival meetings. If you go to 8:15 in the video, we play “Jesus Hold My Hand”. I just thought it might possibly give you some ideas on playing the song, especially for the banjo part. Just thought I’d run it by you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY3G9uF7pPI

#5784 Reply

Drew Martin

There’s an old gospel song entitled “Shining Shore” (also called “My Days Are Gliding Swiftly By”) which I think would fit your sound perfectly. I like this song and think it’s a pity that, to my knowledge, it hasn’t been recorded by anyone in the bluegrass field. Just a suggestion. I really enjoy you guys.

#6041 Reply

Rayburn T. Beaubouef

Dearest Brother Doyle,

We are soooo looking forward to FINALLY getting to come see and hear you when you & Quicksilver come to Northwoods Presbyterian Church in Houston, TX on April 4th, 2014 !!! I know that you can’t possibly do every request that folks ask you to, however, there is one song that was my very first introduction to you & your beautiful, heartfelt Gospel Music from your Treasures That Money Can’t Buy cd entitled “Somewhere In Heaven”. I called my very favorite aunt and shared that song with her over the phone, (she lived in Deville, LA) before she passed away in 1996, and we both rejoiced & cried with joy while listening to it, knowing that one day, we would be reunited on the other shore !!!! Of course, “The Little Mountain Church House” was another of the 1st songs that I heard another local bluegrass group, called Jericho, perform, and my wife’s newest “favorite” was the old time Gospel song, “When Life Is Over”, both from your “Best Of The Sugar Hill Years” cd, and I’m sure you’ll be doing “He Lives In Me”, as well. We’re sure looking forward to getting to be with Y’all, and hope to be able to shake your hand & hug your neck !!!!

Prayers & Blessings For Travel Mercies For Y’all, In Jesus’ Name,
    Sincerely,
    Brother Rayburn & Sister Diane Beaubouef From Highlands, TX
    (pronounced “Bo-buff”)

#6133 Reply

Bing Cullen

I would love to get a recording of DL&QS doing oh yes my Lord as performed on the treasures DVD.That’s my favourite of many well liked gospel tunes Doyle does.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Favorite Gospel Song
Your information: